At Powell Valley Healthcare, providing quality healthcare to our community is our top priority. We are located in the heart of Powell, Wyoming; just 25 miles outside of Cody. We believe in creating positive and safe environments for both our patients and our staff. Being part of our organization means becoming a cornerstone in the patient experience and their care.
Here at PVHC, we offer a wide array of benefits in a way that allows you to choose options and build a package that works best for you. Some of the benefits we offer include:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long term disability coverage
- PTO – New employees accrue the equivalent of up to twenty days of PTO withing their first calendar year
- EIB (Extended Illness Bank) – Our version of accrued sick leave
- Nine paid holidays which includes two personal holidays
- Tuition Savings Plan
- Opportunities to cash out PTO for personal use, student loan payments, and in-house medical bills
- Tuition reimbursement – up to $5,000 per year
- Fun to be Fit program and Club Dauntless Membership Discount
- HRA – Flex spending accounts
Current Opening: One full-time position
Provide “Athletic Training Services” to student athletes under the direction of the team physician or by written referral from a physician, and in accordance with state athletic training practice act.
- Liaison between family physicians and specialists, the school district, athletes and their parents.
- Responsible for evaluation and documentation of injuries of patient/athletes upon intake
- Assists student patient/athletes to identify goals and create a plan to achieve goals
- Initiate PVHC Sports Medicine Concussion Protocol and implement steps and tools (IMPACT) for Concussion management
- Interacts with student patient/athletes to help them feel motivated, secure, and confident
- Provide exercise protocols for patient/athletes per the providers request
- Patient/athlete setup and education of electrical modality units
- Patient/athlete brace/crutch fitting and product education
- Responsible for following all HIPAA regulations and guidelines
- Delegates duties to staff according to experience and education.
- Follow all OSHA guidelines while handling blood or bodily fluids
- Responsible for organization of work time and work areas
- Event coverage at local athletic events as determined by orthopedic provider.
- Participate in any sports medicine programs/clinic initiated by PVHC
- Provide Orthopedic Clinic coverage as needed and will act as liaison between student/athletes and parents in connection with orthopedic provider.
- Provide training room coverage as needed and assigned by orthopedic provider.
- Develop and implement summer training program for student/athletes while working with coaches/orthopedic provider.
- Participate in other community events as a representative of PVHC Sports Medicine program as assigned
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- One year experience providing Athletic Training Service to athletes
- NATA BOC certified and Poses or be in the process of acquiring licensure, certification or registration from the state specific for Athletic Training.
- CPR Certified.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Add, Subtract, multiply and divide.
- Knowledgeable in metric and appropriate measurement and can convert from one system to the other as needed.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Be the patient/athlete advocate.
- Interact with patients, families, visitors, co-workers.
- Interact assertively and tactfully when dealing with conflict and in group problem solving activities.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to act as patient advocate.
- Modify care based on the developmental/functional age of the patient.
- Regularly lifting or move objects weighing 10 to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, stooping, bending, crouching, walking, standing, and working with equipment.
- Subject to inside and possibly outside weather conditions.
- The employee is also subject to exposure to blood and body fluids, proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical shock, exposure to burns and radiant energy, exposure to explosives, exposure to toxic chemicals and biological agents.
- Work is performed in a very noisy place