Family practice providers take care of individuals and families at every age and stage. When you choose a Powell Valley provider, you will have a provider who truly cares about your family’s health and knows how to take care of you.
The Family Medicine team can often provide same-day appointments. It is a good idea to call first thing in the morning as there are limited same-day slots available. If we can’t fit you into your provider’s schedule right away, our urgent care service is available to serve you through the Emergency Department. It is called FastTrack. This is a good option when you need care after hours and on Saturdays.To receive family medicine care, please visit us at the Powell Valley Clinic.
Your partners in healthcare
Our board-certified physicians have completed residencies in family practice medicine. They’re supported by skilled physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and other caring and highly competent providers. Together they form a team who works with you to address your health concerns.
Our Powell Valley Clinic services
Some of the services we provide at Powell Valley Clinic include:
- Well-child checkups and wellness visits for adults. For example, we can help you stay on top of recommended screenings and address any other preventive care needs.
- Immunizations for children and adults.
- Care for acute illnesses, such as sore throats, coughs, fever and flu.
- Allergy shots.
- Department of Transportation (DOT), firefighter, sports and back-to-school physicals.
- Treatment for minor injuries—from sprains to cuts.
- Vasectomy procedures and other forms of birth control.
- Botox injections and other minor cosmetic procedures.
- Minor office procedures, such as mole removal, wart removal and biopsies.
- B12 shots to treat vitamin B12 deficiency, which can cause anemia.
Chronic disease management
Do you have a chronic health condition, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma, heart disease or COPD? Our family practice providers can help you manage your disease.
Should your condition require an additional level of care, we can refer you to a specialist or a resource such as diabetes education.
Need a primary care provider?
It’s important to have a primary care provider, even if you feel fine. Your provider will help keep you healthy. And if a sudden illness arises, your provider or another team member can often see you that same day.
Many of our providers are accepting new patients. Give us a call to learn if you can get set up with a new primary care provider.