Whether you need routine surgery or a complex operation, the Powell Valley surgical team provides exceptional care in a safe environment. Our surgical team delivers quality results, along with the kind of friendliness and warmth you can expect from your friends and neighbors.
Discover more about the surgeries we perform and the personal care we provide.
Surgeries we perform
You don’t have to go far from home to find an experienced surgeon. Our highly skilled surgical team includes board-certified surgeons, operating room nurses with special surgical training, and certified registered nurse anesthetists. Together they perform a variety of operations and diagnostic services in our facilities, which include our two operating rooms and our endoscopy suite.
Many of our operations use minimally invasive techniques, which often result in minimal scarring and quicker recovery. Plus, many of our procedures are performed on an outpatient basis, which means you can go home that same day.
Here are some of the surgeries we perform:
- Cancer surgeries, such as laparoscopically assisted bowel resection, mastectomy and sentinel node biopsy.
- Gynecologic surgeries, including laparoscopically assisted vaginal hysterectomy and tubal ligation.
- Hernia repairs, including laparoscopically assisted ventral hernia repair.
- Gallbladder removal.
- Cesarean section deliveries.
- Appendix surgery.
- Tonsillectomy and other ear, nose and throat procedures.
- Endoscopic procedures, such as colonoscopies and ablation of the esophageal strictures that cause swallowing difficulties.
- Orthopedic and sports medicine procedures. Learn about our orthopedic and sports medicine procedures for helping you get back to the activities you love.
- Spine surgery
Care that goes the extra mile
At Powell Valley Healthcare, patient safety is our No. 1 priority. It shows in our results, including our current no-infection rate.
But your satisfaction is also our priority. That’s why we go out of our way to offer services that help ensure your overall comfort. Here are some of the ways we make that happen:
- Private preoperative and post-surgery recovery rooms with private bathrooms.
- Short surgery wait times. We work very hard to ensure that surgery is scheduled in a timely fashion. Our surgery department can be very flexible and considerate of your schedule.
- Extensive patient education. You’ll know what to expect on the day of your surgery and after you go home.
- Postsurgical check-ins. You’ll receive a phone call from us after you are discharged from surgery. Among other things, we’ll be making sure your pain is well-controlled.