Diagnostic imaging helps physicians diagnose patient conditions. Our imaging methods allow a variety of ways to look at and into the human body in order to diagnose conditions to the best of our ability. We employ trained, certified professionals and use state-of-the-art equipment. Our board-certified radiologist provides exceptional service to patients.
Dr. Turcer leads our Imaging/Radiology program. He specializes in general, diagnostic, vascular, and interventional radiology. Dr. Turcer has special interest in interventional oncology, trauma interventions, body imaging, and general radiology.
How imaging works
Common diagnostic examinations (not inclusive)
- Cardiac ultrasound and stress test.
- Carotid ultrasound.
- CT scan of the head or chest/abdomen/pelvis.
- MRI of the brain knee, shoulder, lumbar/cervical spine.
- Mammogram (screening or diagnostic).
- Osteoporosis screening (DEXA scan).
- Obstetric or abdominal ultrasound.
Common interventional procedures (not inclusive)
- Ultrasound guided breast biopsy/aspiration (e.g. breast mass or cyst).
- Breast wire localization.
- CT guided biopsy (e.g. lung mass, abnormal lymph node, bone lesion etc.).
- Ultrasound guided soft tissue biopsy (fine needle aspiration of a thyroid nodule, abnormal lymph node, liver or kidney, etc.).
- CT/fluoroscopically guided pain management intervention (e.g., sacroiliac joint, etc.).
- Radiofrequency ablation (RFA), (e.g., genicular nerve treatment for non-operative knee pain etc.).
- Lumbar puncture and CT myelograms (contrast injected into the theca sac).
- Ultrasound guided paracentesis/thoracentesis (therapeutic or diagnostic).
- Fluoroscopic/ultrasound guided musculoskeletal intervention, both therapeutic and diagnostic (e.g., joint/bursa injections/aspirations including shoulder, hip, knee, elbow, ankle, wrist, hand, greater trochanter bursa, acromioclavicular etc.).
- Barium swallows with speech pathology.
- Upper GI.
- Small bowel follow through.
- Barium enemas.
- PICC line placements.
- Voiding cystourethrogram.
- Lap band fills.
The department also provides gastrointestinal/genitourinary and select vascular procedures in addition to the routine modalities, typically using fluoroscopy.