At Powell Valley Healthcare, providing quality healthcare to our community is our top priority. We are located in the heart of Powell, Wyoming; just 25 miles outside of Cody. We believe in creating positive and safe environments for both our patients and our staff. Being part of our organization means becoming a cornerstone in the patient experience and their care.
Here at PVHC, we offer a wide array of benefits in a way that allows you to choose options and build a package that works best for you. Some of the benefits we offer include:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long term disability coverage
- PTO – New employees accrue the equivalent of up to twenty days of PTO withing their first calendar year
- EIB (Extended Illness Bank) – Our version of accrued sick leave
- Nine paid holidays which includes two personal holidays
- Tuition Savings Plan
- Opportunities to cash out PTO for personal use, student loan payments, and in-house medical bills
- Tuition reimbursement – up to $5,000 per year
- Fun to be Fit program and Club Dauntless Membership Discount
- HRA – Flex spending accounts
Current Openings: We have day, evening and night positions available.
Performs routine patient/resident care activities for the Powell Valley Healthcare patients/residents to promote comfort, maintain their functional ability and contribute to their overall patient/resident care program.
- Assist assigned patients’/residents’ with delegated daily care needs and daily activities according to established procedures. This includes physical or coaching assistance with dressing and undressing, bathing, eating, and ambulating.
- Assist with consideration for the patients’/residents’ choices, privacy, dignity, and independence. As a member of the multidisciplinary team, the CNA contributes input to the patient/resident care planning process.
- Assuring clothing is clean and properly marked, serving and collecting food trays, encouraging and/or assisting with feeding, answering call-lights, transporting patients/residents, assisting with admission and orientation of patients/residents to the facility environment.
- Assuring all patient/resident care is carried out safely and in a sanitary fashion, while maintaining a safe environment at all times.
- Performs, or assists the patients/residents in performing specific medical care activities according to the established procedures and contributes to the total patient/resident care plan. This includes assisting residents in performing rehabilitative exercises, providing assistance with toileting, collecting specimens, taking vital signs and weights, shutting off oxygen if transportation is required, accurately recording findings, and providing feedback to the staff nurse on the observed patient/resident condition.
- Records all patient/resident data on the proper forms accurately and efficiently in a concise, legible manner using the format designated by departmental protocols or appropriately in the electronic medical record.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School diploma or GED
- Certified Nursing Assistant course that is at least 75 hours in length, or if not certified, will attend a Certified Nursing Assistant class and take the exam within four months from the date of hire.
- BLS for Healthcare Provider
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole number, common fractions, and decimals.
- Understand the basic metric system.
- Competency in basic computer skills and willingness to learn electronic applications.
- Work with confused or combative patients/residents.
- Read, write and comprehend simple instructions, memos, and correspondence.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Speak and document clearly and concisely.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with members of the Health Care Team.
- Solve practical problems and work under the direction of the licensed nursing staff.
- Regularly lifting or move objects weighing 10 to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, stooping, bending, crouching, walking, standing, and working with equipment.
- Subject to inside and possibly outside weather conditions.
- The employee is also subject to exposure to blood and body fluids, proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical shock, exposure to burns and radiant energy, exposure to explosives, exposure to toxic chemicals and biological agents.