When an injury or health condition prevents you from enjoying your usual routine, rehabilitation can help. At Powell Valley Healthcare, our rehabilitation team provides instruction and appropriate exercise programs that can help you return to work, play and the daily activities you love.
We offer our rehabilitation services on both an inpatient and outpatient basis. Outpatient physical and occupational therapy services are available at PVHC Physical Therapy.
Our team provides physical, occupational and speech therapy to people of all age groups who have been injured, undergone surgery or suffered a disabling illness. On your first visit, we will perform a thorough evaluation of your condition before formulating a treatment plan based on your needs.
Our rehabilitation services are provided by a highly trained team of specialists, which includes:
- Physical therapists.
- Occupational therapists.
- An orthopedic clinical specialist.
- A certified vestibular specialist.
- A therapist certified in trigger point dry needling.
- A specialist in instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization (IASTM)
- A certified hand therapist.
- Speech-Language therapist
Conditions treated by physical therapy
Physical therapy can help restore movement after an injury, surgery, or a stroke or other brain trauma. Our physical therapists are experienced in helping people recover from:
- Neck and back pain.
- Orthopedic problems, such as joint pain in the shoulders, knees, elbows and fingers.
- Sports-related injuries.
- Neurological disorders, like a stroke or brain injury.
Conditions treated by occupational therapy
Occupational therapists are experts in helping people regain the kind of fine movement needed for daily activities like bathing, cooking, buttoning a blouse and brushing teeth. Occupational therapists also help patients learn to use appropriate adaptive equipment, such as leg braces, wheelchairs and eating aids.
Conditions treated by speech-language therapy
Speech-language therapy can help restore communication and swallowing abilities following injury, surgery, disease, stroke, or other brain injury. Our speech-language pathologists are experienced in helping people recover from:
- Communication and/or swallowing difficulties following a stroke or other brain injury
- Maintain and retain swallowing abilities before, during, and after head and neck cancer treatment
- Neurological diseases, like Parkinson’s disease, Myasthenia gravis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Cognitive rehabilitation or optimization related to mild cognitive impairment, age-related memory impairment, or dementia
Pre- and postoperative rehabilitation
If you know you have a surgery coming up, “pre-hab” services can help you strengthen your muscles for a quicker recovery after surgery. Our rehabilitation specialists will also work with you after surgeries such as:
- Total joint replacement.
- Ligament reconstruction.
- Shoulder surgery.
- Neck and back surgery.
- Hand surgery.
If you’ll be using walking aids after surgery, one of our therapists can fit you with crutches or a walker and show you how to use it.