Whether you play sports or work in the oilfields, we know how frustrating it can be when a painful injury or other condition keeps you on the sidelines. Our orthopedic experts can help you get back in the game and back to living your life comfortably.
At Powell Valley, you have easy access to the most modern sports medicine treatments and complex orthopedic surgeries—just down the road from where you work and play.
Who we are
Our team includes a highly trained orthopedic surgeon who is fellowship-trained in sports medicine and has treated Olympic athletes and professional baseball players. Additionally, our friendly and caring staff can offer highly accessible care with a personalized experience.
How we help you
If an injury hurts and is keeping you from doing what you want to do, we can help.
We evaluate and treat all types of musculoskeletal diseases and injuries, and we can help address painful problems affecting virtually any joint. Some of the most common conditions we treat are:
- Fractures and dislocations.
- Various sports injuries.
- Back and neck pain.
We offer many nonsurgical treatments
No matter what condition you have, addressing the pain often starts with nonsurgical solutions. These may include:
- Steroid and other injections for arthritis.
- Fracture care, such as setting and casting of bones.
- Physical therapy.
We have onsite x-rays to help evaluate your condition. If needed, MRI and CT scans are available in the hospital.
Our orthopedic and sports medicine surgeries
When an injury or other condition calls for surgery, we can meet your needs. Our orthopedic surgery team has an excellent safety record. Here are some of the surgeries we offer:
- Open reduction treatment for bone fractures.
- General hand surgery, including procedures for carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger, ganglion cysts and arthritis.
- Tennis elbow treatment.
- Ankle stabilizations, foot trauma treatment, or other general surgeries for the foot and ankle.
- Shoulder surgeries, such as reverse and standard shoulder joint replacements, rotator cuff repairs, shoulder stabilizations, treatment of shoulder and clavicle fractures, and separated shoulder treatment.
- Knee surgeries, including ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) reconstruction, meniscus transplants and repairs, cartilage transfers, realignments, and robotic-assisted total knee joint replacement. We work with Conformis to bring you the most advanced knee replacement implants in the industry.
- Hip replacement surgery.
Attend our joint surgery classes
We believe that you, the patient, are an important member of your care team. That's why we offer a monthly Total Joint Program class to help you prepare for hip or knee replacement surgery. This class goes over things you can do at home to help ensure a safe and successful recovery.
Our free Sports Injury Clinic and concussion management
At Powell Valley, we love cheering on our sports teams as much as you do. We offer a free sports injury clinic and provide athletic trainer services for area high schools. We also offer a state-of-the-art concussion management and ImPact baseline testing program for local athletes. Learn more about our free sports injury clinic and concussion management program.