At Powell Valley Healthcare, providing quality healthcare to our community is our top priority. We are located in the heart of Powell, Wyoming; just 25 miles outside of Cody. We believe in creating positive and safe environments for both our patients and our staff. Being part of our organization means becoming a cornerstone in the patient experience and their care.
Here at PVHC, we offer a wide array of benefits in a way that allows you to choose options and build a package that works best for you. Some of the benefits we offer include:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Long term disability coverage
- PTO – New employees accrue the equivalent of up to twenty days of PTO withing their first calendar year
- EIB (Extended Illness Bank) – Our version of accrued sick leave
- Nine paid holidays which includes two personal holidays
- Tuition Savings Plan
- Opportunities to cash out PTO for personal use, student loan payments, and in-house medical bills
- Tuition reimbursement – up to $5,000 per year
- Fun to be Fit program and Club Dauntless Membership Discount
- HRA – Flex spending accounts
Current Opening: One full-time position; day shifts – 32 hours per week; can be filled as RN or LPN position
Delivery of safe, efficient, quality patient care through the use of the nursing process which consists of assessment with triage, planning, implementing and evaluation. Initiates, plans and participates in patient and family education. Maintains the standards for professional nursing. Works in collaboration with all members of the healthcare team, as well as with the patients/residents, families and visitors.
- Triage and assess any patient that presents with difficulty breathing, chest pain, symptoms of a stroke, or any other medical condition in which the patient needs immediate medical response. Responds appropriate with plan of care for patient which can include, discussion with provider, transfer to ER, and/or any further immediate nursing intervention.
- Triage by phone patients and families giving medical care directions, answering questions, identifying resources and communicating with care team and providers according to protocol, and/or physician’s practices.
- Answer/return patient phone calls in a timely manner with appropriate documentation.
- Completing EHR daily tasks, which can include medication refills, lab results, treatment options and care plans assigned by provider in a timely manner according to priority with appropriate documentation.
- Evaluates patient response to care provided and documents the care and response to care in the electronic medical record, with appropriate follow up to provider if needed.
- Be a resource lead for clinic nursing staff regarding standard of care for nursing procedures performed in clinic.
- Prepare and administer medications, including allergy injection &/or vaccines as directed by a provider.
- Monitor provider’s schedules daily and assists with nurse visits as needed.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Actively participates in professional development / maintaining competency by attending educational programs offered by PVHC.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a bachelor’s degree.
- Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Wyoming. Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a working nurse. Preferred to have 1 year+ Medical/Surgical nursing experience
- BLS for Healthcare Provider.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide, compute rate, ratio, and percent in order to accurately determine medication dosages and establish accurate intravenous rates.
- Knowledgeable in metric and appropriate measurements and can convert from one system to the other as needed.
- Competency in basic computer skills and willingness to learn electronic applications.
- Work with confused or combative patients/residents.
- Read and comprehend simple instructions and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
- Speak and document clearly and concisely.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with members of the Health Care Team.
- Demonstrates an awareness of cost-effective patient/resident care delivery.
- Regularly lifting or move objects weighing 10 to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Reaching, handling, feeling, talking, hearing, stooping, bending, crouching, walking, standing, and working with equipment. Will require long bouts of sitting at a desk/computer without standing or walking.
- Subject to inside and possibly outside weather conditions.
- The employee is also subject to exposure to blood and body fluids, proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical shock, exposure to burns and radiant energy, exposure to explosives, exposure to toxic chemicals and biological agents.