Powell Valley Hospital is The Birth Place, the place to have your baby. Nearly 200 babies are born here every year, and moms and dads from all around the basin put their trust in us. We are the first and only Baby-Friendly hospital in Wyoming and have a great team of 4 obstetric (OB) providers who work closely together to ensure the best in prenatal, labor, delivery and postpartum care. In 2014 we began our midwifery program with the addition of certified nurse midwives.
Our Obstetrics team received its 2015 Benchmark Report from the CDC's Maternity Practices in Infant Nutrition and Care (mPINK) and the program received a score of 96 out of 100 as compared to the Wyoming average score of 77 and the national average score of 79. The 96 score places our OB program in the 95th percentile for the US.
Our OB program also completed re-designation as a Baby-Friendly hospital and remains the 1st and only Baby-Friendly hospital in Wyoming. Our OB team is truly committed to the highest standard of care for mothers and babies.
Our skilled and experienced team of OB providers and specially trained nurses have the expertise required to perform routine deliveries and C-sections when necessary. We also specialize in vaginal birth after C-section (VBAC).
- We provide prenatal classes, refresher classes, sibling classes and lactation (breastfeeding) information.
- Package pricing.
- Beautiful, comfortable labor suites. Baby can room-in with mom for a natural, family-centered birth experience.
- Epidural blocks or intrathecal narcotics are available for pain management if desired.
- Our specialized water birth tub provides the option for water birth.
- Hearing screening for your baby.
- Photos of your baby can be taken before you leave. Baby will get his or her first photo shoot prior to discharge, and all picture proofs will be placed on a CD and given to mom and dad free of charge.
- If desired, we will direct your birth announcement and picture of your baby to the Powell Tribune and/or other newspapers. We will also place your baby's picture on our website if you desire.
- We can provide an information packet to take home: "Help for caring for the newborn from A to Z."